At Thomas Wolsey Ormiston Academy we value and respect all the individuals within our community. We recognise the immense diversity and look to promote equality in all we do.
- To treat all individuals with equal value.
- To eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010.
- To advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
- To foster positive attitudes and good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it (i.e. tackle prejudice and promote understanding).
- To take such steps as are reasonable to remove or minimise disadvantages suffered by persons who share a relevant protected characteristic that are connected to that characteristic.
- To take such steps as are reasonable to meet the needs of persons who share a relevant protected characteristic that are different from the needs of persons who do not share it.
- To provide a range of education and training programmes which encourage everyone to participate in learning.
- To ensure that recruitment, retention and development of staff is done so following the equality principles.
- To consider equality implications before and at the time that policies are developed as well as keeping them under review on a continual basis.
- To carry out equality impact assessments to assess whether policies and / or plans are having a negative or adverse, or positive impact on specific groups of individuals.
- To ensure that all marketing activities and procurement processes meet equality and diversity best practice.
- To respect the religious beliefs and practices of all individuals.
For further information regarding our commitment to equality and diversity, please see our Equality and Diversity policy on our Policies and Privacy Notices page.
Our Equality Statement can be found here.